Sunday 4 September 2011

Firefox 7,8,9 release dates + preview in few sentences!Be the first to try Firefox 9!

You all probably know (or most of you) that Mozilla is going to release new Firefox version in 6 weeks.Well guess what they are going to release Firefox 7 by the end of the month.And yes I'm not joking.Here's what I found in the Mozilla wiki about the future releases.



Firefox 7
currently in BETA channel
moves to RELEASED on September 27, 2011
I personally tried the beta.It's nice.Compared to Firefox 5 and 6 it's definitely better.They've fixed some bugs and the speed is insane. 


Firefox 8
Firefox 8 is currently in AURORA channel and it will move to Beta on September 27, 2011
I tried the Aurora and all I can say it feels the same like Firefox 7 beta.It doesn't feel faster but the good thing is that for the short time I used it I have not found any bugs or crashes.I think they'll add speed improvements in the beta but will see.
 Firefox 9
currently in NIGHTLY channel
moves to AURORA on September 27, 2011
Yup they've released an alpha version of Firefox.Tried it for a few minutes but I saw nothing new but I might use it for awhile to see if there's something new besides  the compatibility check add-ons window which pops before you start the browser for the first time.Firefox 9 is coming in 2012 that's for sure.Mozilla is planning huge design changes and improvements which will open a job for Firefox add-on developers like me.If you want to be one of the first to try Firefox 9 I've put a link for download at the bottom of this topic!



No comments:

Post a Comment