Saturday 1 October 2011

Firefox 8 beta short review!


Been using Firefox 8 beta for 24 hours. Here are my first impressions!

Compared to Firefox 7 Firefox 8 beta doesn't feel faster. It actually feels the same as Firefox 7. Maybe there are some small improvements when it comes to speed but when I was using Firefox 6 beta it felt much faster than Firefox 5. Same goes for Firefox 7. When I was using the beta it felt much quicker than Firefox 6.

The are no design changes as well. Maybe mozilla are focusing more on performance rather than design. They are probably fixing known issues and stuff. The new and cool thing I've noticed is the new tab animation when you have 3-4 or more open tabs. If you want to move the active tab left or right it doesn't drop like it used to be. It moves the inactive tab. It's a bit hard to explain. You have to see it yourself. Another thing I've seen on the internet is that it's faster on 64bit machines. I'm running a 32bit windows but if you have 64bit machine and you feel any difference in performance in Firefox 8 beta let us know by sharing your thoughts in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment