Saturday 24 December 2011

Firefox 9 is out - review! Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Yup Mozilla keeps releasing new versions of Firefox every 6 weeks. This month Firefox 9 came out. Like I wrote in one of my previous posts I don't use the final releases and today updated to Firefox 10 beta.

So enough with what I use. Lets talk about what is new in Firefox 9 and why should you try it. It's 30% FASTER than Firefox 8 or at least that is the information all over the internet. Everyone says that Mozilla has improved the JavaScript page rendering by 30% which is a good thing. A lot of websites use tons and tons of Javascript code so in my opinion this is definitely a step forward. Again there is nothing new in terms of design and my Firefox themes are compatible with Firefox 10 beta even so it's ok to use them. :)

Finally I want to wish Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all my users, especially those of you who donated. Sure there's not much money but it's something. It's been a good year for my Firefox themes - design improvements, sub-skins, Firefox 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 support and not many bug reports. Thanks for using my themes. Best of luck and happy holidays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment